[the_ad id="4949"]

A three-year-old boy in India fell from a building and was impaled by a rod in Uttar Pradesh, India.

One of the rods pierced the child’s left thigh and entered through his lower abdomen before rupturing through the upper back, missing all his vital organs.

An eyewitness, Pankaj Parma, an electrician who was working on the site saw the freak accident and cut a portio of the protruding rod to rush the boy to King George Hospital which is about five miles from the scene of the incident.

Hospital staff conducted an emergency surgery a 4.45pm, an hour after the boy arrived, where they had to cut open his thigh and left abdominal side to remove the rod.

The surgery lasted for three hours and the rod was removed successfully.

According to Dr Samir Mishra, who was part of the team that saved Nadeem, said the rod passed just 2 cms away from his liver, but punctured his diaphragm and small intestine.

The doctor said: “Initially, we did not know which internal organs had been punctured by the rod, and as such pulling out the rod would have been detrimental to his life.

“As a result, we had to cut open his thigh and lef abdominal side to remove the rod.

“Only during the surgery, it was noticed that the rod had passed just 2cms away from the liver, but the diaphragm was punctured and put a hole through the small intestine.

“As luck would have it, the rod entered his body in an angle missing the vital organs including the heart, before exiting from his upper back.”

Since the accident, Nadeem has reportedly bounced back to his normal, playful and has been discharged after spending 14 days in the hospital.

 240 total views,  1 views today

By Roving

Leave a Reply