[the_ad id="4949"]

Mr and Mrs Gbenga Ibikunle who were recently kidnapped along Uso – Owo road have described as untrue the claims by the police and Amotekun corps in Ondo state that they secured their release from their abductors.

The couple were kidnapped by some suspected gunmen along Akure-Owo Expressway at Uso community while travelling with their children from Ebonyi State to Akure on Tuesday.

It was learnt that the kidnappers dragged the victims into the forest leaving their three children in their Lexus saloon car.

The Ondo State Police Command had also claimed they arrested two persons in connection with the abduction of the couple.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Tee-Leo Ikoro, said the crack detectives comprising the police, the military, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and Amotekun were already on top of the situation while investigations were ongoing.

He said, “As I speak with you, the detectives are combing the forest and I am sure they will soon be released. We heard they were asking for N20m ransom, but we are not interested in that. Rather, we are going after them and the victims would soon be released.”

The husband, Gbenga Ibikunle in a voice message sent to ROVING REPORTERS however said the claims of the security agents and Amotekun were far from the true as it was his family members that paid the ransom demanded by the kidnappers.

He said “ We were traveling back from Ebonyi state to Akure on the 5th of January and when we got to Uso towards Ogbese, i saw a bike man riding in front of my car on the same direction. All of a sudden, he stopped and i hit him with my car.

As I stopped to help the man alongside my wife, the kidnappers came out from the bush and started shooting for about 10 mins.

They started beating me and later marched us into the bush and others suspects ransacked my car and carted away valuable items including huge some of money.

My children wanted to follow us to where they were dragging us but the kidnappers chased them away back to the major road.

We walked for like five hours inside the bush and later took us to where they keep other victims. They tied us down and started beating us again.

They later gave us mobile phone to call our family demanding for #20m.

At the end of the day, my family rally round and paid #2M. Other victim they we met paid # 10M and we were all released at the same spot ,in fact I was the one who carried the money to where they counted it to confirm if the ransom was complete.

I was then surprised that police were claiming that they rescued me. If the police were professional enough, they would have arrested them all because they came out on the major road to collect the ransom. They are just deceiving us all. ”

By Roving

Leave a Reply